Woeful, Woeful, Woeful

(Forgot to publish this last week)..


Oh my blog, has some midas curse has befallen upon me? Anything i touch is getting me into trouble.

So i wrote my toefl yesterday. Its supposed to be a walk in the park, albeit a little long, four hours to be precise. But the walk in the park turned out to be a tiring hike through the himalayas . The centre was awful, plain words do not have the strength to describe it. The test started 1.5 hours late and calling the registration process snail-paced would be an insult to the innocuous snail. Some 20 minutes into the test, bam, power cut. Great, as if it can get any worse. There was some problem resuming the test so it was halted for 45 minutes. The test resumed and by that time, i was famished. The center itself looked like my college lab, no enclosures nothing. I could hear the person next to me type. And when that person started the speaking section, i started my listening section. Fantastic! Now iam listening to what he had to say. My woes should have ended there. But no, my zodiac sign was pointing to the road to perdition that time. While i was writing my essay, a spark lit up the room. Not a divine intervention, but some fuse got blown. I got really pissed off, finished the essay with the words i could grab and just walked out of the room. My seething anger made me write a destructive feedback. I hope those guys dont screw me for that. Aw well, who cares..

Then having literally eaten nothing from morning, i went to my college to visit the teachers to decide on the alumni meet. Most of them left and i just exchanged few pleasantries with the ones i met. Tek Music show was going on. I sat alone in front of the multimedia lab. I wasnt exactly nostalgic when i went to the college. But when i heard the applause swell like a tide at the end of a song, i must unabashedly admit that two or three tear drops lodged itself in my eyes. There must be some psychological reason to explain why i felt so sad and light at that particular moment. After hearing few songs, hunger got the better of me and i left. I hope that this alumni meet gets a good response. It requires the right people to be interested to get the crowd. I dont have the pull. Aw well, who cares.. The less said about life's sores, the better.

Thats all the news i had for this weekend.

0 comments: