Its my birthday today..

I dont know why, the last time i was happy on a birthday was probably 10 years back. I have never figured out a reason why birthdays have to rejoiced.

Hmmm so last weekend, i was travelling most of the time. I attended the alumni meet, met seniors/juniors apart from my classmates. Made a goof up by entering a wrong hall which was hosting a different conference. We(Bai/Suresh/Shyam/Me) thought it was the conference facilitating the alumni until Uma Mam who was also sitting in the coference shooed us out. She must have thought that even after two years we are still the same jerks. (Now from which movie did i hear this dialogue - "If you have to remain young, you have to make mistakes")

After the alumni meeting, i headed to Vellore. Reached Katpadi Station in the wee hours. Allvin was also arriving at the station in the next train. So decided to wait for him. I had my first sleep on the platform. Wasnt able to sleep well because of my loaded purse. I wish i was Mark Boyle. After an hour and half Allvin arrived at 12:40 a.m. By the time we reached the mandap, it was 1:30. Poor Guru was awake becuase of us. We then had our dinner. Guru served me this sweet liquid for rasam. I kept cribbing saying that no rasam is sweet. But machan confidently asserted that some rasams are sweet and asked me to eat it. Then Guru served the same liquid for him, Machan nicely mixed the rasam with the rice will all glee, rolled it into a huge ball and handed it into his mouth and then, i can n'er forget the reaction on his face. Finally it turned out that the "rasam" was some kind of a sweet drink or something.

Next day met Lingu/Sridhar/Gowri/Deepak/Vijay. We missed the wedding because we woke up late. Then after breakfast we headed to Ambur to have biriyani. Deepak dragged us through the Ambur markets to buy some shoes then finally ended up buying nothing. After consuming meat, i bid farewell to my friends and headed to Bangalore.

0 comments: